Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kicking off the blog Italian-style

In honor of Tragic Ceremony being released on DVD by Dark Sky on January 29th, I thought I would post an alternate 1-sheet for the movie. This image isn't the best and isn't at all representative of my collection. I attribute this to the rarity of the movie. (Click on the images for a larger version)


Next up, an Italian poster for the movie that is said to have kicked
off the entire Italian gothic genre, Riccardo Freda's I Vampiri.




No post on gothic horror would be complete without some Christopher Lee and Barbara Steele, so next up a couple of Italian locandinas for Blood Demon (also known as The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism) and The Horrible Dr. Hichcock. Also an Italian poster for The Ghost, the follow-up to Terror of Dr. Hichcock, also directed by Riccardo Freda. Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism has gotten a very nice DVD release in Germany under the title Die Schlangengrube und das Pendel, while Hichcock is still sadly MIA. The Ghost has only recieved minor budget releases and a DVD from Retromedia.



I'm trying to compress and keep the filesize down on the large images. Bear with me while I get the hang of the layout.

See you again soon!

2 comments:

Beyond Flix said...

Great posters! are them from your collection? the I Vampiri one is superb! congrats.
check my blog if you read spanish.

jpassons said...

Glad you like them! I hope to be posting alot more soon. The posters are from my collection of images that I've accumulated off the internet but I don't actually own the physical posters. I do have a small collection myself including a 47x63in French poster of Black Sabbath that I may post. Thanks for coming by and I hope you come back.