Monday, January 21, 2008

Why I'm here.

So I decided to start a blog because I love horror movies and love talking about them but never really felt like I had much to contribute to the scene. These days, everybody is on the internet, everybody is talking about them and I'm certainly no movie scholar or critic, I'm just an avid fan. I didn't feel like anything I could really say would be new to anyone.

So you may be asking, then why are you starting a blog? I think I found my contribution in the fact that along with loving horror movies, I also love art and have collected over 1,700 high quality scans of movie posters. With a background in art and Photoshop, its become sort of a hobby of mine to clean up and digitally restore my collection, remove watermarks, color correct, etc. I've felt for awhile that alot of these posters don't really get seen enough by fans. Many of which are rare and hard to find (and if you do happen to come across one its probably going to be a small, crappy image). I feel that these images should be seen as they often times contain some really amazing artwork. So I decided to start a blog to try and get these images out there more to the horror-loving public.

If you have any requests, comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
Jason